Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Post / A Knife With A Pearl Handle

If you never had an older brother you may have felt that your life wasn't complete. Well I did and most of the time I wished that I didn't.

When I was little they said my older brother was so proud of me. That anywhere he went he carried me and set me down where I could watch him and his friends play. Everyone said that we were insuperable.

Someone had asked my brother would he take anything for his little brother and he quickly spoke up. No I want swap my little brother for anything. Well as this made my parents proud and it really made my grandmother proud as she told all of her friends and family members the story about my big brother and his little brother.

My Uncle Clifford had heard the story and so he thought that he would see if he could get my big brother to change his mind. So this one day when he came over my mother's mother (Grandma B.) was there and he
asked Oliver (my brother) if he would give him my little brother. He quickly replied, "No." Then Uncle Clifford asked him would he trade him his little brother for something. And again his reply was, "No." My grandmother was smiling all the while knowing he wouldn't trade away his little brother. Then out Uncle upped the ante and said, "Would you trade him for a knife?" and again Oliver said, "No." That's when Uncle Clifford took out the knife and asked him again the second time.  "Would you trade your brother with me for this knife?" That when Oliver asked him, "Does it have two blades." And his reply was, "Not only does it have two blades but it has a Pearl Handle as well." Then my brother said,  "Sure I will trade you even Steven."

Palmer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment