Thursday, July 24, 2014

Looking For A Job

My oldest sister turned sixteen and my dad thought that it would be good for her if she were to work for someone other than with him at the store so she could get some experience working for other people.

So she got ready to go and talk to some people that were hiring in our area and my mother took her for her interviews. She stayed in the car while Lucy went in to see about a job.

Each time after being there she would come out and get in the car and mother would ask her how the interview went and did she get the job. She told her it went well and that they said that they would give her a call later.

Several days went by and my dad was down at the bank and he ran into the man at the bank where she had had an interview. My dad asked the man how the interview went and he told my dad that he didn't think that my sister wanted a job. My dad said why do you say this.

Well, after I told her what we were looking for I asked her did she have any questions and she said yes. He said what questions do you have. Well how much do you pay?, How long do I have to work before I get a raise?, What are the hours I have to work?, How long do I get off for lunch?. I long do I have to work before I get a vacation?  She never asked anything about the work, so I didn't think she wanted a job.

So when she went on her next interview she got the job on the spot.

Palmer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment