Thursday, July 24, 2014

My Big Sis

If you've ever had an older sibling you will know what I am talking about but if you didn't just look what you missed.

Mother didn't leave us alone very much we either went with her or dad, or they were there when we were at home.

On the rare occasions when mother wasn't there my big sister was left in charge. And boy howdy did she like to be in charge and take charge she would.

I remember one time we were left in her care and I guess we probably did get rowdy as we were playing because most times we did.

She threatened us with time out and this wasn't enough punishment for us. She made us sit in the corner for  thirty minutes and then she whipped us. We told her mom punished us if we misbehaved but never like this.

Finally we must have drawn her last straw because she got the help of my second oldest sister (Juanita) and tied my hands one to one leg of the piano and the other hand to the other leg, then she took my brother (Oliver) and tied one of his hands to one sofa leg and the other hand to the other sofa leg. then she tied our legs together and told us now try and get loose.

It didn't take long before Oliver realized that he could lift up the sofa and slide the knot down the leg and off and then the other leg. Then he got busy on our legs and he untied my hands and we escaped outside where we gladly stayed until our mother came home.

Palmer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment